Senior Care in Elk Grove, CA – How Music Can Benefit Your Love One
Music is a huge part of our culture, and countless studies have shown the benefits of enjoying music are huge, especially for the elderly. Music can improve the mental and physical state for seniors. Listening to music while exercising is very beneficial as it may improve balance. Following is a list of additional benefits:
- Increased happiness and positive thinking
- Anxiety and fears are reduced and relaxation comes more easily
- Pain and insomnia may decrease
- Studies show memory may improve and elderly persons with Alzheimer’s are more communicative when listening to music
- May lower blood pressure and improve post-stroke recovery
Not only does listening to music improve recovery and general health, learning to play an instrument or just taking a music class can improve memory and cognitive abilities. Negative thinking lessens and positive emotions can be re-energized. Exposing your elderly loved one to music has so many benefits. Music can become a regular part of her life, with your help. Keep it simple – a small radio set to her favorite music would be fine.
If you or an aging loved one needs senior care services near Elk Grove, CA, remember Senior Home Care Services. Call us at (916) 514-7006 for more information.